Maeby!

Maeby!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The beginning

To start things off, I want to tell you a bit about our story, and how Maeby has made her way into it.

Two years ago, if you had asked me when I was planning on getting a dog, I would have said
"Oh, the day we get back from our honeymoon!"
Well, my husband and I got married a year and a half ago (tomorrow) and we just got Maeby on Sunday.
Life is funny isn't it?

This journey towards getting Maeby has been a beautifully tough one.  A few dogs have made their way into our hearts, only to slip back out of them, leaving behind an even deeper longing for the love of a dog who really gets us.


After months and months of Craigslist browsing and Petfinder, and calling kennels and texting people, Maeby kind of fell into our laps (which are as full as our hearts, since our new bundle of joy comes in at a whopping 63 pounds!)

My sister-in-law is a beautiful mother. She has two great little boys, who happen to take up a lot of her time. She and her husband got Maeby when she was still a pup, and she came into their lives when they were in a lonely place. Maeby brought them so much joy; she was a bright light in a dark room. They were in need of love, and Maeby was that gift to them. And Amy and Steve have two beautiful children who are such wonderful gifts to them. Oliver and Harrison are now their sources of light and joy, and they wanted Maeby to have a home where she would get all the attention she needs.

So here she is. 18 months and two Thanksgivings later, I'm sitting at my kitchen table with a beautiful  new friend who just wants to be with me. And I can't help but want to be with her, too.

So here's to this journey Ben and I are stepping into. The next 8 or so years are going to be filled with adventures and challenges and so much joy because of Maeby. And I want to share it with you.

So, to start it off, I'm just going to say that today on our walk, I wasn't walking Maeby, she was walking me. And not in the way that she was pulling and I was having a hard time keeping up. I mean, she had the end of her leash in her mouth, and I was holding onto it, as she led me down the street. :) (This continued for about 10 minutes).

I can't wait to continue sharing our stories with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment