Maeby!

Maeby!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Breakfast

So I'm sitting her next to Maeby, trying to get her to eat her breakfast.
We just got home from a lovely walk outside through the neighborhood. Everyone comments on what a pretty and well behaved girl Maeby is.
And now we are home and she is looking straight into my eyes (cause I'm sitting on her bed, on the floor) and she is wondering why I am sitting here, and I am wondering why she isn't eating.
She drinks some water, and takes a couple bites, but mostly she just looks at me.
It's at the point where I'm scooping up her food in my hand and feeding her. I feel like I'm feeding a llama at a petting zoo.

"Maeby, we shouldn't be doing this. Why aren't you eating?"

Finally she starts taking some more bites of food, but between every bite she lifts up her head and looks towards the bedroom--where Ben is in bed. He didn't sleep well, so it's later than he usually get's up.
She takes a bite, she looks up, she takes a bit, she looks up and whimpers. Finally I realize she's worried about Ben.
Hahaha, genuinely concerned for his well-being since she hasn't seen him yet today.

We have the best dog in the world. She won't eat her breakfast, because she is worried about her family.
I love this dog so much. Stay tuned for Maeby's first week with us in pictures!

1 comment:

  1. When she was little, we trained her to wait for us to say "Ok!" before she would eat. She might be waiting for you to tell her ok! Sometimes it requires a really enthusiastic OK before she'll accept your permission.

    ReplyDelete