Maeby!

Maeby!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Everyday life

I have to apologize that it's been so long since I've posted about Maeby. Our time together hasn't been any less interesting, just busier.

The past week with Maeby has been incredible. Already Ben and I are in love with her, and she with us. You can tell that she knows we are her's. She isn't as quick to listen to anyone else. She looks to us for permission before going into the neighbor's house.

We are discovering she is a true Golden. In the morning when we get up, or when we come home from work, she get's so excited to see us that she starts whimpering and this low growl begins in the back of her throat. Not at all saying "I'm mad at you" but saying "oh my gosh, I can't stand how much I love you!"

We are teaching her some tricks and beaming with pride in every new accomplishment. Even though she is a two year old, there is so much puppy in her still. She is the cutest thing ever. We keep talking about how she is the best thing that could have happened to us at this point in our lives.

Later this weekend I'll post some photos of her getting used to the new settings, and celebrating the holidays. Let me just say she was thrilled to show off how beautiful she was draped in her Christmas cape.

And I'll leave you with this picture: last night I got off of work late, and didn't get home till about midnight. I just needed some snuggle time with my pup. So I got out my computer, made some popcorn, and put on Our Idiot Brother. Maeby and I folded laundry, snuggled and ate popcorn together. This movie is her new favorite because of Willie Nelson, the main character's golden retriever.

She's got a super crush on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment